Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mojo Monday / Clean and Simple Card

Hello there! Happy Wednesday! I combined two challenges to make this thank you card. The layout is this week's Mojo Monday Sketch, and the CAS Challenge at Splitcoaststampers is to use Red, Black and White.



The paper is from the Lime Twist: Life of the Party pad by My Mind's Eye. The stamps are from the Heart to Heart oval set by JustRite Stampers. I stamped the frame in Versamark and heat embossed it with black embossing powder. I stamped the sentiment in SU! Riding Hood Red ink and popped it up on dimensional boosters.

Okay, confession time. After heat embossing, there were lots of stray black spots around the frame, despite my best attempts to remove the extra embossing powder before using the heat tool. It was the second time I had made the same mistake, and I wasn't going to do it a third time. So, SU!'s Itty Bitty Backgrounds came to the rescue. Some well-placed "random" stamping covered the black spots. Problem solved. ;)

That's all for today. I'm so glad you stopped to visit. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Christina

4 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Beautiful, Christina! I love how you solved your stray embossing powder problem! I never would have known!

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty card. Love the colors and the twine bow. TFS

Olena said...

So pretty card! Love it! Olena

Jodi Collins said...

How ELEGANT Christina!! WOW! LOVE this!